Okt 7, 2011

The History I Visited by Yrwyn Policaprio

While writing this article, a question popped-up on my mind, "why did the group actually ended up with the topic History in their blog anyways?" but then I remembered, we wanted to travel and we want it to be meaningful. So the group decided that it should be, meaningful in the sense that it's not only for the sake of complying to a subject requirement although it really is, not for the sake of having something to write about, not for the sake of the readers but, for the sake of ourselves as well, knowing and appreciating pieces of our history. But with this, I realized that we didn't just write about history, we made our own history through this experience as well.  




This whole experience-- writing blogs, visiting places and knowing its history--  everything was new to me, I never thought that I would be doing something like this, thanks to our Online Writing class 'coz it made me do it, and I enjoyed it :)


It was like hitting many birds with one stone actually, we were able to enjoy ourselves while doing our subject requirement, we're gaining new knowledge, experiencing new things and exploring history all together.


Every trip felt amazing, we traveled and saw what was today's history compared before. The changes that happened to those places after so many years-- what were kept from the original infrastructure, what were improved and what are removed. We were able to travel to what was history then and what is history now, and everything was worth it.


Obviously, we can't do anything to travel back to time, but we managed to at least know the history of the places we visited -- Manila, Montalban and Malabon. Every place really has their own history, and that makes these places what they are now, and what they will be tomorrow, their history is their foundation, and inspiration to strive harder to achieve and improve for the better. 


This history that I visited will surely be one of the many histories of my life :)

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 

scatteredpieces Design by Insight © 2009